1. Layout "Bullo Pill" has been added under a new category for British Layouts not owned by BRMA Members but where permission
has been granted for their inclusion in the BRMA web site. A video of this layout is also available for viewing.
2. Member #1293 has provided Information of his British layout "South Borchester Railway".
3. Member #1372 has provided details on two British layouts "Haines" and "Sulzer Lane" plus two non-British layouts "Ambleside"
and "Mallee Lines".
4. A number of other photos of layouts, etc., have had Captions added to better have the "story" of the layout available - see further below
for more information on the new Galleries facility. Some of the Galleries have also been enhanced with a Synopsis (under More Information)
- it is hoped that all will have this information available in due course.
1. The Meetings Schedule has been updated for the quarter commencing 1st July 2017.
- Web Site Enhancements
1. This month sees the introduction of new software to support the Galleries. The software is called "jAlbum" and integrates with the current
pages provided by WebEasy and provides a great deal of increased flexibility in publishing material, both photo and descriptive text
and in navigating around the various areas that are now supported.
There is now no restriction (apart from overall host storage space) on the number of photos that can be published for each layout, etc., nor
the length of descriptive material.
To learn how to use the new Galleries move your mouse to the top of a photo once you have navigated to a particular layout page and opened
a picture. Then a menu of Icons (with tool tips) will be displayed which amongst other things allows a Slide Show to be started.
It is also now possible to perform searches within the Galleries on key words sourced from information stored in Titles and Captions that
accompany each of the elements such as a photo. For example, a search looking for GWR would find all material in the Galleries where
such a term has been recorded.
1. Member #250 has provided further details of his approach to architectural modelling - Cutler's Cider Press.
2. Member #1096 has provided Information of his non-British layout (Quinton River).
1. A new link has been added for the Meccano Magazine PDF Files web site.